Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Summer Reading Change

So a few days back I made the decision to switch my summer reading from Current (New) Progressive Roman Catholic theologies to Roger Haight's Christology. I still have the packet from Prof. Haight's class on the Catholic theologies which I still plan on reading through sometime in the future. If you're curious as to who made the list, he includes the following in the readings: Amaladoss, Aquino, Copeland, Ellacuría, Espín, Goizueta, Gutiérrez, Haight, Johnson, Lonergan, Metz, Nyamiti, Rahner, Schillebeeckx, Schüssler Fiorenza, Sobrino and Tracy.

However, despite such an interesting reading list, I decided to go with Haight's Christology. I didn't want to regret not taking a guided reading from the author on his own material, particularly when AAR itself has held sessions titled "Haight's Thought." So now the blog will get a dose of some hard core spirit Christology that the Vatican (read here: Ratzinger) really doesn't like (but is still faithful to Vatican II, or so Haight claims).

In other news, I finished Volf's The End of Memory: Remembering Rightly in a Violent World and I'll write about it later.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

you know, Dave, I'm a little surprised/offended that you didn't include me in your reading list, the preeminent theologian that I am. Just because this co-called "AAR" hasn't held sessions on "Wilson's Thought" doesn't mean anything to me, and it shouldn't to you, either. Get with it, man.